Center Stage Jackson is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that operates primarily with volunteers. We strive to provide a positive atmosphere for the community to appreciate or to participate in live theatre performances.
Center Stage Jackson was formed in 2000-2001 following the merger of the Clark Lake Players and the Jackson Civic Theater.
The Clark Lake Players was founded in 1954 as the Pleasant View Players and presented shows during the summer months. They originally performed at the Pleasant View Hotel pavilion in Clark Lake then at the Clark Lake Lodge before moving to Clark Lake’s Eagle Point in 1964 and finally to Jackson College’s Potter Center in 1979.
The Jackson Civic Theater was formed in the early 1960s by the Jackson city Recreation Department. Its first plays were staged at City Hall. In 1966, the group moved to Stone Village on Probert Road before finally landing at the JCC Potter Center. JCT productions ran during the school year.
In September of 2000, the two groups merged and Center Stage Jackson was born. Its first production was Art.
Since its inception, CSJ has expanded beyond traditional plays and musicals and typically produces an annual cabaret, a youth singing competition, a number of staged readings, and two youth theater productions (a play and a musical).